Data Manager /Contracts Administrator
The Contarcts Administrator (CA) or Data Manager (DM) is a key member of the Project team involved with the project. It may often be that the CA and DM are the same person on a project, although it depends upon the project requirements and clients involvement from the beginning of the project.
Their roles on the project are as follows:
- Act as the primary point of contact for any technical/operational Collaboration Tool issues and questions.
- Liaise with project manager, and coordinate feedback and support from project users.
- Setup the interface between the Collaboration Tool and users.
- Attend meetings to report progress and identify areas for performance and process improvement.
- Organise the project team including adding and removing users from the project team throughout the life of the project and setting user access rights.
- Coordinate training courses to ensure that all relevant users receive sufficient training.
- Maintain the high-level project details recorded on the system.
- Ensuring team members have access to folders and documents as required.
- Documenting changes to the folder structure or access permissions.
- Creating roles for team members
- Creating and assigning status options to the project
- Monitor compliance with the defined protocols i.e. document naming standards, Workflows etc
- Create and manage project-wide Distribution Groups to prevent superfluous notifications and maintain security.
- Maintaining document standardisation – e.g. document attributes
- Managing project attribute lists (or delegating this function, by allocating rights to certain users)