Each individual piece of equipment including mechanical equipment includes the following attributes and is maintained throughout the Design and Construction BIM models:
- Item name – English name and abbreviation.
- Item code – Equipment ID number.
- Unique item number – GUID.
- Item type (by function) – Construction Information Classification System.
- Item tracking number – Stock identification number (where applicable. For specialist equipment.)
- Blank field for an equipment type code or other (to come later.)
- Other data available from the Architectural Programming Software (APS) that is accommodated by the GBXML spreadsheet, where used, and is appropriate to the LOD for the submission phase.