In the absence of existing documented modelling standards mandated by the client, the BIM Team nominates the BIM Modelling Standards to be used on the project. Any amendments considered necessary must be documented.
When the BIM Modelling Standards and amendments have been agreed by the BIM Team they are adopted and managed for consistent application by the BIM Manager.
At a minimum, the BIM Modelling Standards address the following:
- Model setup including project templates.
- Team member modelling protocols, including definition of authorised uses.
- Model naming conventions.
- View naming conventions.
- System naming conventions (services, etc.)
- Element naming conventions (walls, partitions, doors, windows, etc.)
- Materials and finishes naming conventions.
- Properties/parameters to be included for model objects.
- Object property/parameter naming conventions.