After tender award, it is an option to have the contractor, if required by the client, submit a Construction BEP, outlining the strategy and schedule for using BIM technology to execute construction related activities and project coordination.
Other than uses of BIM excluded by the Project BIM Brief, the Construction BMP, at a minimum, shall address the following:
- The project procurement strategy (DBB, D&C, IPD) and how the Construction BIM will support the project delivery activity. When a DBB procurement strategy is used, the Construction BMP addresses the specific strategy for the Design BIM reuse.
- Strategy to comply with project BIM requirements.
- BIM qualifications, experience, and contact information for the Construction BIM Manager and Lead.
- Fabrication modellers for all trades.
- List of subcontractors using digital fabrication.
- Proposed subcontractor meetings and their purposes (design coordination/clash detection, BIM Management Plan review, etc.) integrated into project schedule.
- Documentation of any proposed deviation from the Project BIM Guide (for client approval.)
- Strategy for software compatibility, file formats, hosting, transfer, and access of data between trades (use of model server, extranet, access security, etc.) A technical evaluation of the options to match the IT technical needs to the size and complexity of the project, and to provide access by the Design/Construction Team and various stakeholders, fabricators, etc.
- Proposed BIM software to be used by the contractor and fabrication modellers.
- Strategy to assure all trade information is modelled and coordinated.
- Methods to show major building equipment space clearance reservations for operations, repair, maintenance and replacement. (eg. graphics, animated models.)
- Constructability analysis with BIM.
- Proposed trade coordination strategy (clash detection.)
- Proposed use of digital fabrication.
- Utilisation of 4D scheduling and construction sequencing technology.
- Integration of as-built conditions and commissioning data into an As-built/Record BIM.
- Strategy for updating and coordinating changes during construction into the final BIM deliverable.
- Strategy for integration of facility management information (eg. COBie.)